An extremely colorful and eye catching card. Whimsical with a heartfelt sentiment that any friend will be happy to receive. A combination of several mediums, held together with minimal color. Modeling paste absorbs the color underneath, helping it blend into the background, yet still give dimension. A bright white embossed sentiment set on black card makes it pop out at you. A layered 3d heart stamped to give it the impressions of texture is a focal point on this card. Finished with pink woven ribbon and bright pink sequins.
- Cover front of card with black.
- Cut a piece of watercolor card to 3 7/8 x 5 1/8.
- Use bright pink distress ink to color right side of card. Splat/drip black ink over pink ink using a dropper or paint brush.
- Stencil squares onto the bottom right side using modeling paste.
- Cut strip of black and white patterned paper 1 inch wide, and glue to left side of watercolor panel.
- Stamp and emboss sentiment. Cut out banner and then cut into three smaller segments.
- Cut Heart out of watercolor paper and stamp with words and stripes. Cut smaller heart out of the middle.
- Cut another heart out of pink patterned paper.
- Attach sentiment with dimensional tape.
- Tie colored ribbon/twine around card and tie.
- Glue base heart onto card. Attach stamped heart with dimensional tape.
- Add colored ribbon or string.
- Glue sequins into card front.
- Attach to front of card with dimensional tape.
Paper: A2 card, black card, 140lb watercolor paper, black and white patterned paper by DCWV Stamps: Hero Arts Ink: White, pink distress ink, black distress ink Embossing powder: White – Recollections Dies: Hearts – Spellbinders Accessories & Tools: Cuttlebug, heat gun, distress inks, dimensional tape, craft glue, modeling paste – Liquitex, pink sequins, ribbon/twine – EK Success, stencil – Tim Holtz
Jump on over to the tutorial for make a wish, a beautiful silver based card, or beauty in simplicity, a colorful, thoughtful card.
For more inspiration check out the handmade cards board.