An ethereal card with many layers and textures that evoke a warm and hopeful feeling. Muted shades of green and grey compliment the three different silver hues. Five layers add depth and intrigue to the card. Stickers in place of a stamped sentiment add a touch of casualness. The only stamping on this card is the dots on the vellum that are embossed. This is a fun card to assemble.
- Using stitched rectangle die cut shape 3.75 x 5.
- Cut piece of Vellum to 2.5 x 3.5.
- Decorative colored paper cut to 2 x 5 (choose a paper that matches your theme. I chose a paper with blue/grey undertones that complimented the silver papers).
- Stamp with random dots or small shapes and emboss in silver.
- Die cut shapes: leaves in reflective silver, word in flat silver, butterfly from sisal ribbon.
- Die cut banner ribbon for text and cut to size.
- Attach rectangle die cut with dimensional tape. Layer decorative paper on top using dimensional tape. Next, attach vellum with tiny pieces of dimensional tape on the top edges and under where the banner will go.
- Add the banner with words on.
- Attach silver foliage die cut and then glue butterfly on top. Trim top edge flush with rectangle.
- Glue gem to butterfly.
Paper: A2 white card, vellum, decorative patterned paper – K&C Company stack, flat silver card, reflective silver card Stamps: Misc. dot pattern Ink: Silver Embossing Powder: Silver Dies: Stitched rectangles – Lawn Fawn, ivy – Sizzix Thinlit – Garden Greens, wish – Impression Obsession, butterflies #3 – Sizzix/Hero Arts, Everyday Sentiment Banners – Lawn Fawn Accessories & Tools: Cuttlebug, heat gun, dimensional tape, craft glue, burlap ribbon, gems, Big Chat stickers – Tim Holt