A beautiful layered card with an almost rustic feel to it. Using watercolor stamping and distress inks in contrasting colors to bring out the texture of the background stamp and watercolor paper. Striking leaves cut from linen and gold wrapped in a natural twine. The message conveys a reminder to look around you and appreciate simple beauty. Finished off with two rhinestones to add a bit of sparkle.
- Cut card rectangle: 3 7/8 x 4 3/4
- Cut watercolor paper to 2 7/8 x 4 1/8
- Stamp leaf stamp onto watercolor paper with watermark stamp ink and let dry.
- Use 2-3 distress inks to color watercolor rectangle. Spritz with water if you want to lighten the contrast.
- Die Cut white leaf and gold leaf.
- Stamp sentiment in black ink and let dry.
- Attach leaf die cuts with dimensional tape.
- Wrap watercolor square with natural twine, hiding the bottom on the leaves.
- Glue rhinestones into place.
- Glue larger white rectangle onto the front of the A2 card.
- Attach completed watercolor panel onto the front of the card using dimensional tape.
Paper: A2 blank card, extra white card stock, watercolor paper 140lb
Stamps: There is beauty in simplicity – Tim Holtz, Limitations
Ink: Distress inks, black ink
Dies: Leaves – Prima Marketing
Accessories & Tools: Cuttlebug, dimensional tape, craft glue, natural twine, rhinestones – 3mm & 5mm
If you liked this tutorial, jump on over to make a wish, a silver inspired card, or thank you for being my friend, a bright, modern, eye catching card.
For more inspiration check out the handmade cards board.