An understated palette gives this card a soothing aura. Solid distress ink color fades into a lighter hue, smudged and pulled using a watercolor brush. Carefully die cut hearts bolster the overall message of the card. Plain white sentiments quietly sit atop the color, letting the hearts have the stage. Diamond rhinestones add a touch of elegance to the overall look.
- Cut a piece of watercolor paper to 3 7/8 x 51/8.
- Create graduated color with distress inks. Spritz with water and use watercolor brush to create pattern along the top edge of the color.
- Die cut hearts into the bottom of the rectangle.
- Stamp and emboss sentiment on black card and cut into banner.
- Die cut Sending out of white card.
- Attach black banner, die cut Sending and rhinestones onto colored rectangle.
- Attach to card blank with dimensional tape.
Paper: A2 card, white card, black card, 140lb watercolor paper Stamps: Simon Says Stamp – you matter Ink: White, distress ink Embossing powder: White – Recollections Dies: Sending – Simon Says Stamp, hearts – Paper Smooches, small hearts – Fiskars hand punch Accessories & Tools: Cuttlebug, heat gun, distress inks, dimensional tape, craft glue, watercolor brush, 3mm rhinestones
If you liked this tutorial, jump on over to make a wish, a silver inspired card, or thank you for being my friend, a bright, modern, eye catching card.
For more inspiration check out the handmade cards board.