A dazzling example of a fall colored leaf gracefully placed as a central focal point on this card. Orange, red, and brown dominate the color scheme which is offset by the pearl shimmer of the frame that holds the leaf. A plain sentiment tucked below and embossed in black quietly pops out at you. Sparkling amber colored rhinestones add allure as you imagine them as dew drops on a chilly Fall morning.
- Cut piece of white linen paper to 3 7/8X 5 1/8.
- Cut a 2 ¼ x 3 ½ frame out of pearl patterned card.
- Cut a 1 ¼ x 2 ½ window out of the linen panel under where the frame will go.
- Cut a piece of 140lb watercolor paper for the back of the rectangle and color with fall colored distress ink.
- Cut a leaf out of 140lb watercolor paper and color with distress inks. Put distress ink on nonstick pad, spray lightly with water and place the watercolor paper on top.
- Dry each color of distress ink before adding the next wising the same technique as above.
- Stamp and emboss sentiment in black ink and emboss.
- Attach back colored panel to white linen with quick dry crafters glue.
- Using dimensional tape attach pearl frame over colored cut out panel.
- Using dimensional tape attach the leaf to the card.
- Glue on rhinestones to finish.
- Attach entire panel to card.
Paper: A2 card, white linen card, patterned pearl stamped card, 140lb watercolor paper Stamps: Hello – Stampendous Ink: Black Embossing powder: Black – Recollections Dies: Leaf – Sizzix Alterations Bigz Die, Tattered leaves, frame die – Lawn Fawn, rectangle die – spellbinders Accessories & Tools: Cuttlebug, heat gun, distress inks, dimensional tape, craft glue, 3mm rhinestone