A simple card with a block of color that pops out from the white card front. Stenciled texture adds complexity to the overall look. Distress inks are used to create the background using several techniques to achieve a random pattern as a backdrop. Plain white ferns stand out against the background and are anchored by a white embossed sentiment. They eye is immediately drawn to the black banner and sentiment. An overall put together look for a unisex birthday greeting.
- Cut a piece of card to 3.75 x 5.
- Using a stitched die cut a piece of 140lb watercolor paper to 2 ¼ x 3 ½.
- Spritz watercolor card with water and add distress ink, using 3-4 colors. Use a watercolor brush to move color around.
- When dry, spritz with glimmer mist.
- Using die, cut two fern leaves out of white card.
- Using a stencil and modeling paste, add the circle texture to the piece of white card.
- Stamp sentiment on black paper and emboss with white, then cut with banner die.
- To assemble, use quick dry craft glue to attach ferns.
- Use dimensional tape; attach sentiment to the bottom of the color panel, hiding where the ferns are glued.
- Using dimensional tape attach colored panel to the stenciled panel.
- Using dimensional tape, attach all layers to the base A2 card.
Paper: A2 blank card, white card, 140lb watercolor paper Stamps: Simon Says Stamp – you matter Ink: White Embossing powder White – Recollections Dies: Stitched rectangles – Lawn Fawn, Fern die – Sizzix/Tim Holtz Garden Greens, banner die – Lawn Fawn Accessories & Tools: Cuttlebug, heat gun, distress inks, dimensional tape, quick dry paper craft glue, stencil – Tim Holtz, modeling paste – Liquitex, glimmer mist – Tattered Angels